Customer service benchmarks are the most critical intangible for businesses in 2018. Although many business owners have heard it a thousand times, we often discount the importance of customer service and support on customer retention, business process, positive buying experiences, and even gathering customer information. Reviewing these numbers illustrates the importance of a great customer service procedure.
Top 10 essential customer service benchmarks to understand:
- 78% of consumers have bailed on a transaction or not made an intended purchase because of a poor service experience. (American Express survey 2011)
- A typical business hears from 4% of its dissatisfied customers. (“Understanding Customers” by Ruby Newell-Legner
- It takes 12 positive experiences to make up for one unresolved negative experience. (“Understanding Customers” by Ruby Newell-Legner)
- News of bad customer service reaches more than twice as many ears as praise for a good service experience. (White House Office of Consumer Affairs)
- It is 6-7 times more expensive to acquire a new customer than it is to keep a current one. (White House Office of Consumer Affairs)
- 7 in 10 Americans said they were willing to spend more with companies they believe provide excellent customer service. (American Express survey 2011)
- 67% of customers have hung up the phone out of frustration they could not talk to a real person. (American Express survey 2011)
- When surveyed, what goes into a happy customer service experience: 78% said qualified service reps, 38% said personalization. (“The Cost of Poor Customer Service” by Genesys Global Survey, 2009)
- 75% of customers believe it takes too long to reach a live agent. If you offer some live service (phone or live chat), it’s paramount that you get customers to a live person in 2 minutes or less. Otherwise, it creates frustration that can lead to a seriously unhappy customer. (Harris Interactive)
- Employees only ask for the customer’s name 21% of the time. (ContactPoint Client Research)
At Call Experts, we understand and embrace that only one call can change your business! We always put our best foot forward by providing our clientele with top-notch and one of a kind service. Time-tested training and continued education course ensure that our Experts perpetually represent your business with the best customer service strategies. Call Experts has developed many proprietary technologies to boost your business and the Call Center Industry. You will agree.
Don’t miss a chance to let your company achieve success.